Thursday, February 7, 2008

AS I AM

I've always prided myself with the thought that I am good company for people around me and more importantly, I've always been able to keep myself entertained reserving boredom and loneliness only for rare self-pitying sessions. It didn't occur to me that life in Naija, is and has always been filled with swirling events that make 24 hours disappear so so quickly. Leaving Naija first for my masters and now to yet another country for marriage has brought a whole new meaning to my time and purpose. 

After completing my dissertation, I swore off reading and any form of formal education ever again. However, after a couple of months of chillin', relaxing, cooking, eating and waking up with my man, I've started to feel the void of not having any deadlines to meet or having friends to go to lunch with.

I must say, moving to Yankee is beautiful. I love my baby [baybay]. I've got the complete package - strong but sensitive, spontaneous yet thoughtful, then forget how FINE, brilliant and super-talented he is. Ok, so as not to get anyone jealous or invoke the spirits of husband snatching, I had better get back to what i was saying......Life over here is good, no NEPA wahala, no stress, no drama, life is simply blissful when we are together. I look forward to weekends like I did back in primary school because my week days are filled with hours of creating unnecessary work for myself to do around the house until he gets back from the 9 to 5.

Complaining about having a stress-free day must definitely sound conceited and annoying to working peeps who would do anything to have the amount of free time that I have. I'm sorry but,....I AM THE UNGRATEFUL GIRL WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW LUCKY SHE IS TO BE JOBLESS. I've begun this blog, I guess, to put my thoughts down and figure out through my rambling, research or maybe ideas from you what a chick like myself going through the long wait of crossing over into the US job market, can do to occupy her mind and maybe just maybe even further fatten her wallet.

Hmmmm...you know, I'm feeling better already. 

Welcome to Labelle's blog.

No comments: